Saturday, July 21, 2007

Back From The Beach.......

Ahhhhhhh.....my good ole rolling chair.....the sweet sound of tapping on my keyboard, which of course I am very particular about. It has to make just the right sound and feel just the right way before I will use it. :-) (That's a whole other post about my quirks and things that some may call "obsessively compulsive") LOL

Well, as you can guess from the title, we just got back from (believe it or not) our very 1st Family Vacation!! Thankfully, no one drowned or got sucked away in a rip tide as I had been (obsessing) worrying about for the last 3 months. Oh yeah, we also did not get eaten by a shark, stung by a jelly fish or lose anyone while on the boardwalk. The kids had an absolute blast! I took ton's of pictures, got some sunburn and have been spending my time today trying to peel off a layer skin. *just and FYI..."packing tape" works great as a skin peeler. just lay a strip on your skin and slowly peel off* (PLEASE do not do this if you are an extremely hairy person, use some common sense, and for the love of God, please do not rip it off swiftly...trust me...it hurts) It's amazing to me how the addictiveness of blogging followed me once again, even though I was trying to stay off the computer. I think I need to start carrying around a necklace with a notepad attached so that I can jot down notes or ideas. Sometimes I forget and then when I sit here at the command post I will just start to babble.....and babble. I keep thinking that most people pick one topic to write about and I thought that I had to do the same but I have decided that I will just sit, write until I feel done and then I'll be done. Does anyone else blog this way? I look forward to your answers.
Waiting on my doorstep when I returned was the "pre-ordered" Harry Potter Book. Since I think that I will spend some time reading and I think i probably won't be able to put the book down. I'll be back when i am done reading. (should only take a day or two)
Have a great day and I'll see you next time!

PS Thanks for all the comments!!!

3 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I'm a topical blogger - it is how I think...and yes, there is a notebook in my house so I can jot ideas through the day! WElcome back.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OH - love that you used the picture!!!!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok i totally do the random posts, sometimes it has a topic but rarely! i too am addicted to blogging.and found your post on Lisa's and your are so "with it!" and your style speaks to me. very impressive!