Thursday, August 2, 2007

Still Awake....UGH!

it's 238am and i have been going through my box of papers that need to be filed. well, in my house it actually gets sorted about 300 times then filed, usually years later...lol. (i know it's terrible) i am watching DANE COOK : VICIOUS CIRCLE on HBO. he is sooo funny! so i am going through these papers and i saw something so sweet that reminded me why i love my kids sooooo much and why i try to be a better parent each day. what i found were last years Christmas lists. now, i have to give a little history so you know how we do things. keep your seat belts on cuz i am going to get a little spiritual. my husband and i don't think that Christmas should be an "ONSLAUGHT" of gifts. we feel that if you are doing your job as a parent, your children should have everything they need, and i stress the word NEED. even if you have financial difficulties, b/c God gives everyone what they NEED, just not what we sometimes WANT. we decided that the Christmas holiday was "supposed" to celebrate Jesus's birthday so what we do is ask the children for a list of their top ten things that they want and we pick out the three that we would like to get them. the 3 gifts are supposed to represent the 3 gifts that Jesus received the night he was born. the kids spend a lot of time mulling over their lists before they turn it in. (side note...they know Santa is not real....but they also know the story of how the legend of Santa started) my now 10 year olds list from last year, i think. (maybe the year before) reads as follows. (and i love all the spelling errors, they just melt my heart):

1. xbox star wars game
2. sony psp (his big brother has one)
3.bionicle
4. more time with Daddy & Mommy (I'll admit it..i cried when i read this....)

The rest of the list is pointless...look at number four....isn't it amazing how kids find a way to get their thoughts and needs met. he is the sweetest, most thoughtful, loving and caring little child i have ever met. don't get me wrong though, he can be sneaky like the day is long, but damn...he's cute! okay, that's plenty of gushing over my child...i am going to make my own self sick...lol.

back to the sorting..don't want to have an avalanche at the command post!

2 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh my goodness...that is just so precious! I hope he has been given that many times over this year :)

Crazymamaof6 said...

so sweet, my kids ask for that too! and some just need more than others. what a sweetie!